The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
Last week on The Bawdy Book Blog
It’s been awhile since I’ve done a Sunday Post post. I’ve been busy with vacations, work has left me exhausted finalizing a project that is FINALLY completed and frankly, I’ve just been lazy. So let me catch you up on all the cool things happening.
- Kristina reviewed the Beautiful Creatures movie
- This week’s Indie Author Excerpt featured The Faith and Fate of David Ghent by Maren Dille
- Kristina wrote her first book review, Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
- Jennifer fangirled all over The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
- Teaser Tuesday this week featured MILA 2.0 by Debra Driza
- Cover Reveal: TIED by Laney McMann
Coming up this week?
- Hopefully Jennifer will get around to writing a review of Crossroads by J.J. Bonds
- Teaser Tuesday
- Maybe a review of MILA 2.0
- A post for Kimba’s Take Control of Your TBR Pile Challenge
- A vacation picture dump! I went to Charleston!
- Indie Author Excerpts
I got $50 in B&N giftcards recently (for my birthday in January and Valentine’s Day) therefore, I HAVE BOUGHT THINGS. I also attended a really great book signing with the lovely Steph from Cuddlebuggery. I have a funny story about that, and pictures. But first, books!
I also received a hardback version of Requiem by Lauren Oliver!
The Story of How Jennifer Met Some Authors
So, a funny story about these next pictures. A couple of months ago, Steph from Cuddlebuggery asked if I was going to a signing at Hooray for Books (this cute little place near DC). I count on Steph for pretty much all my book signing and author-meet-up 411, so I said of course I’d go.
And then I forgot about it.
I got a tweet from Lenore Applehans asking if I’d be there, which confused me, because I had no idea what signing she was talking about. It took some sleuthing (read: tweeting Steph) to figure it out. I then, of course, said yes (after canceling a women’s conference registration I had signed up for at work – priorities!). Lenore wanted to do a fun blogger meet-up pre-signing (she is a book blogger as well as an author!) so she sent the info and we agreed to meet about 90 minutes before the signing start time.
On the day of the signing, I grabbed my ARC of Asunder by Jodi Meadows (who was going to be at the signing, along with Meagan Spooner and Megan Shepherd), and waited at the coffee shop for Lenore. As Lenore walked in, two women followed behind her, and one of them looked down at Asunder in my lap and said, “Hi! I’m Jodi Meadows. And that’s my book.”
Then we all sat down for about 30-45 minutes (until they kicked us out), chatting about books, work and how books get named.
And that’s the story of how I met Lenore Applehans, Meagan Spooner and Jodi Meadows.
Hot Deals Happening Now!
These popular titles are all on sale for your Kindle or Nook, for a very limited time only. Links to Amazon and B&N after the covers. This is US-only. So go add to your TBR for cheap! Just click the links to be taken right to the purchase page for whichever reader you use.
Thank you to HarperTeen and Epic Reads for a surprise mailbox this week!
Latest posts by Jennifer @ BookShelfery (see all)
- Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate | Book Review - 08/04/2019
- The Perfect Date – Movie Review - 05/07/2019
- Book Review: Daughters of the Lake by Wendy Webb - 02/15/2019