The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
Last week on The Bawdy Book Blog
- Review: Blood Brothers (Sign of Seven #1) by Nora Roberts
- Teaser Tuesday: Surrender
- Giveaway: The Honey Thief
- Review: The Elite (The Selection #2) by Kiera Cass
- Review: Yesterday’s Sun by Amanda Brooke
- Indie Author Excerpts: Dust To Dust: Fangs for Your Memories by Eden Crowne
Coming up this week?
- Review: Vanish (Firelight #2) by Sophie Jordan
- Teaser Tuesday
- Book Tour: A Riveting Affair by Candace Havens, Patricia Eimer and Lily Lang
- Review: The Baby Bargain by Jennifer Apodaca
- Indie Author Excerpts
the end of March April, so I will be updating my TBR Challenge post, so make sure you check it out! <—– I still need to do this. I’m just plain lazy. Bad blogger-Jenn.
From Ashes by Molly McAdams – thanks, HarperTeen!
Hot YA Deals Happening Now!
These popular titles are all on sale for your Kindle or Nook, for a very limited time only. Links to Amazon and B&N after the covers. This is US-only. So go add to your TBR for cheap! Just click the links to be taken right to the purchase page for whichever reader you use, FOR LESS THAN $3! Why haven’t you read these yet? Shoot, why haven’t I?!
WE ARE NOW ON BLOGLOVIN‘ AND THIS MEANS WE ARE SLOWLY TAKING OVER THE UNIVERSE. SLOWLY. ONCE WE TAKE OUR NAPS. AND READ ONE MORE CHAPTER… Just kidding, we’re way too lazy to take over the universe, plus we like reading more than bossing people around.
This has been ONE HELLUVA WEEK. There was the Boston bombing, then there was West, Texas, which is a wonderful tiny little town outside of Waco and yes, I’ve been there. I used to stop at the Czech Stop in West for kolaches and cookies on my way to Austin from Dallas (and back again) when I lived in Tejas, and West is full of friendly, happy people. In fact, that’s pretty much most of Texas, but West especially.
There was also a suicide on the train ahead of mine on Amtrak on Wednesday, as I was headed to Delaware from DC for work….I never want to see what I saw again. My good friend lost her 14-year-old pug to old age, and then almost lost her cat to some complications as well, within a day of each other. We saluted the pup with nearly three bottles of wine last night.
Boston and West – we won’t forget you. You are in our hearts and minds and prayers.
In short, this has been SOME WEEK. Let’s make the next one better. Read more books, make more book boyfriends, be nice to people and smile often.
great better week, peeps!
Latest posts by Jennifer @ BookShelfery (see all)
- Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate | Book Review - 08/04/2019
- The Perfect Date – Movie Review - 05/07/2019
- Book Review: Daughters of the Lake by Wendy Webb - 02/15/2019