The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
Last week on The Bawdy Book Blog
- Jennifer reviewed Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi
- Teaser Tuesday featured A Cold Creek Noel by RaeAnne Thayne
- Jennifer reviewed Home In Time for Christmas by Heather Graham
- Last week’s Indie Author Excerpt was Soriel by Melanie Nilles!
- B-Tips last week documents how to catch giveaway cheaters
Coming up this week?
- Jennifer will be reviewing A Cold Creek Noel by RaeAnne Thayne
- Don’t forget to check out this week’s Indie Author Excerpt featuring Ill-fated by Evelyn Ink
- Saturday brings another B-Tips post
Nope! None, I am trying to play catch up, although the lure of all those holiday books pulls at me…
Of course that means no pretty pictures to look at this week… boooooooo! Here, I’ll share a picture of my Christmas Tree:
We used six strands of lights… there are gifts that still need to be wrapped but we are incredibly lazy.
In Other News…
You may have noticed something looks different around here. Did I get my hairs did? Nope! (Actually, I need to schedule a trimmy trim trim….). Oh hey! The blog looks different you guys! Yessirree, I changed the template, gave the header the boot (not permanently) and I also installed a new commenting system (out with Disques, in with Livefyre), so now you can choose to follow conversations, as well as “like” others’ comments. Oh yes and…you can post gifs and pics in comments. No code required. Try to keep it somewhat clean…
The theme I’m using is on the Genesis framework and I like it a lot. It’s flexible and I’ve found so far that there are a lot of tutorials out there to customize it. So you shall see the blog change over the next few months as I learn and add things to it. Let me know what you think! Do you miss my bawdy little chick? What about the header?
Important Update if you subscribed to The Bawdy Book Blog via RSS or Email prior to September 2012!
Google is a business and as such, businesses like to make money. There have been rumors circulating on the web here, here and here (okay, so the last one is less rumor and more fact) that Feedburner, the free Google service that feeds your content to people’s RSS readers, is going away next month. Or, at least the API is, which means third parties can’t use the client (ie – widgets). This means that anyone already subscribed to the old feed needs to re-subscribe to the new feed here at The Bawdy Book Blog. Why? Because I was proactive and decided to boot Feedburner before they could boot me.
Resubscribe to the feed by clicking the button – unless you’ve already clicked the button, then don’t click the button, I don’t know what’ll happen, black-hole like spontaneous implosion?
To subscribe via email, just enter your information in the righthand rail subscription widget.
Latest posts by Jennifer @ BookShelfery (see all)
- Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate | Book Review - 08/04/2019
- The Perfect Date – Movie Review - 05/07/2019
- Book Review: Daughters of the Lake by Wendy Webb - 02/15/2019