Published by Penguin Group on 4/18/2013
This enchanting novel of interwoven legends burns with both gentle intelligence and human warmth
\r\nThis extraordinary book, derived from the long oral tradition of storytelling in Afghanistan, presents a mesmerizing portrait of a people who triumph with intelligence and humor over the oppressions of political dictators and an unforgiving landscape.\r\nA musician conjures stones to rise in the air and teaches his art to a mute child. Master Poisoner, Ghoroob of Mashad, has so perfected his craft that it is considered an honor to die from his meals. These are stories of magic and wonder in which ordinary people endure astonishing extremes in a world of bloodshed and brotherhood, miracles and catastrophes.\r\n\r\nWith lyrical wit and profound simplicity, The Honey Thief reveals an Afghanistan of greater richness and humanity than is conveyed in newspaper headlines; an Afghanistan not of failure and despair, but of resilience and fulfillment.
Hey peeps! Giveaway time! Penguin USA has generously offered up one copy of The Honey Thief by Najaf Mazari & Robert Hillman to one lucky reader in the US! The Honey Thief has been described as a combination of true stories interwoven with magic, myth and legend. And one of you, my dear friends, will get to win it and read it!
- This is a US-only giveaway, sorry international peeps!
- No PO boxes, the winner must have a physical street address
- You must be 13 years or older to enter
- Winner has 48 hours to respond to email or they forfeit their prize
- The winner will be announced on this post after the giveaway ends
Latest posts by Jennifer @ BookShelfery (see all)
- Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate | Book Review - 08/04/2019
- The Perfect Date – Movie Review - 05/07/2019
- Book Review: Daughters of the Lake by Wendy Webb - 02/15/2019