Series: All Souls Trilogy #2
Published by Viking Adult on 7/10/2012
IT BEGAN WITH A DISCOVERY OF WITCHES.
Historian Diana Bishop, descended from a line of powerful witches, and long-lived vampire Matthew Clairmont have broken the laws dividing creatures. When Diana discovered a significant alchemical manuscript in the Bodleian Library,she sparked a struggle in which she became bound to Matthew. Now the fragile coexistence of witches, daemons, vampires and humans is dangerously threatened.
Seeking safety, Diana and Matthew travel back in time to London, 1590. But they soon realise that the past may not provide a haven. Reclaiming his former identity as poet and spy for Queen Elizabeth, the vampire falls back in with a group of radicals known as the School of Night. Many are unruly daemons, the creative minds of the age, including playwright Christopher Marlowe and mathematician Thomas Harriot.
Together Matthew and Diana scour Tudor London for the elusive manuscript Ashmole 782, and search for the witch who will teach Diana how to control her remarkable powers...
To celebrate the release of Shadow of Night out in paperback today, Penguin/Viking Adult and I are doing a giveaway of up to THREE copies, as well as some cute alchemy pins! To promote the release, we’re going to do this giveaway differently: for up to the first 100 entrants, you are entered to win 1 copy of the book; for the second 100 entrants (101-200), we’ll give away 2 copies of the book; and if we get more than 200 entrants, we’ll do 3 copies of the book! So make sure you SPREAD THE WORD about this giveaway and tweet tweet tweet!
You are also invited to join Harkness and her editor Carole DeSanti, the author of The Unruly Passions of Eugénie R, for a virtual book event on BookTalk Nation on June 4th at 2pm EDT. Fans can join by phone and buy personalized copies of the book by ordering online here. So please, stop by! Now, on to the giveaway!
- This is a US-only giveaway, sorry international peeps!
- No PO boxes, the winner must have a physical street address
- By entering this giveaway, you consent to give your address to the publisher
- You must be 13 years or older to enter
- Winner has 48 hours to respond to our email or they forfeit their prize
- The winner will be announced on this post after the giveaway ends
This giveaway is sponsored by PenguinGroup and Viking Adult.
Latest posts by Jennifer @ BookShelfery (see all)
- Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate | Book Review - 08/04/2019
- The Perfect Date – Movie Review - 05/07/2019
- Book Review: Daughters of the Lake by Wendy Webb - 02/15/2019