Calling all book lovers! The Bawdy Book Blog has grown a lot over the last 18 months. With that said, The Bawdy Book Blog is looking for an associate reviewer who would be interested in reading and reviewing romance and any sub-genres of that category, including chick lit, so we can bring more content, more reviews…and more AWESOMESAUCE! The Bawdy Book Blog is a mixed-genre book blog, therefore, there is adult and YA literature interspersed throughout. The ideal candidate would possess the following:
- A love of reading (particularly romance genres)
- An aptitude for writing and expressing your opinion cohesively and – more importantly – honestly
- Netgalley and Edelweiss accounts (so you must be able and willing to read ebooks, too)
- Goodreads and Amazon accounts
- Computer skills (HTML or CSS knowledge, particularly with WordPress, is a huge plus)
- A Unites States address (so I can send books to you – this is negotiable if you would like to read ebooks only)
- The commitment to review at least 4-6 books a month
- Candidates without their own blogs are preferred but I will consider candidates who would like to guest post here on a regular basis
The ideal candidate must adhere to the blog’s rating system and be willing to post their reviews to Goodreads and Amazon, and reference back to this blog in those reviews (that’s mandatory by the FTC anyway as far as I know). I do a little blog networking, but if you helped, that would be great, too.
What’s in it for you?
You get to read and review (free) books, usually pre-release, and therefore get bragging rights with your friends! I KNOW RIGHT, what is better than that? NOTHING. Please keep in mind, many of these books will most likely have typos, grammatical errors and there is a chance the copy you read will be slightly (or very) different from the finished copy. That’s the nature of this beast, but we’ll still be helping to market these books to the reading community – and getting the chance to read them before most other people!
I am now taking applications so please send me (Jennifer) an email, with at least one (prefer three) review samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest posts by Jennifer @ BookShelfery (see all)
- Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate | Book Review - 08/04/2019
- The Perfect Date – Movie Review - 05/07/2019
- Book Review: Daughters of the Lake by Wendy Webb - 02/15/2019